The Protective EyeYou can never have too much protection. A quasi-universal symbol of protection, the evil eye is referred to as μάτι (mati) in Greek. The concept and the significance of the evil eye is especially prominent in the Mediterranean and West Asia.
The evil eye is a “look” or “stare” that is believed to bring bad luck for the person at whom it is directed for reasons of envy or dislike. The perception of the nature of the phenomenon, its causes, and possible protective measures, varies between tribes and cultures. The evil eye is a talisman that is meant to protect you from these evil spirits.
Renie B offers protective eyes in a variation of colors. Below are what each color stands for. We hope you find a color that resonates with you, and that you will always wear your protective eye in good health.
- dark blue traditional color provides luck, protection from karma and fate, calm and relaxation open flow communication
- turquoise general protection, provides health and overall safety, solitude and peace
- black is for power, openness, protection from sorrow
- red for courage and protection from fears and anxieties
- pink is for love, protect your friendships, calming
- purple is to boost your imagination and rebalance your life, remove obstacles
- green garners happiness, balance and freedom to pursue new ideas, enjoyment
- white for purity and focus, starting fresh, wealth
- yellow protect your health, relief from exhaustion, sharper mind and concentration
- brown protection from the elements, connection with nature, orderliness